What We Do
The Office of Institutional Research and Planning at the University of Guelph supports academic activities and sound decision-making processes with timely and accurate budget information and the collection, analysis, dissemination, and interpretation of data. We are active in such areas as:
- Policy research, data reporting and analysis, survey development and coordination, and institutional research project oversight for the University.
- Lead or support the planning processes, policy formation and decision-making of University of Guelph.
- Managing the institutional budgeting framework through resource and financial planning which informs the development of the annual University budget.
- Facilitating the budgeting process by acting as a resource to budget units.
- Assists units in planning, implementing, monitoring and controlling their budgets within anticipated resources. The office ensures that leadership are fiscally responsible and accountable for their respective budgets.
- Development of plans and performance measures
- Official Reporting Office
- Academic planning, enrolment planning, and academic priorities.
- Lead the development of an enterprise wide data solution for all aspects of reporting.
- Work closely with the university leadership, academic and service units, government, and external agencies (e.g., COU, Statistics Canada, ranking agencies).